Kestrel Nest Eco-Hut
Mount Adrah, New South Wales
Guests say it best – “A burbling creek, crackling fires, extraordinary stars. Deep fogs, breathtaking dawns and an outdoor bath!”
Kestrel Nest EcoHut is an off-line and off-grid eco-lux bush getaway. With no screens to distract, you are totally immersed in the environment. Perched high above a rocky mountain stream that is home to platypus and rakali, you’ll find 360 degree views of bushland and farmland. No other accommodation in sight.
Soak in the view from the outdoor bath. Linger over the fire-pit and the wood-fired heater. No need to get up in a hurry – lounge in the luxurious linen bedding.
Farm-made sourdough and farm-raised eggs are standard. Order our farm-raised lamb, beef or chicken. Support fellow fire-affected producers by indulging in a Regional Hamper or select items from our Regional Cellar.
Kestrel Nest is set on Highfield Farm & Woodland – our farm using conservation farming principles to restore native grasslands and raise award-winning lamb. Two-thirds of Highfield is set aside to protect critically endangered habitat. Fancy a walk? There are miles of tracks to explore.
Join us on our Farming with Habitat Tour showing you how we farm to increase biodiversity and to include wildlife. Or come on our Bird Watching Tour to view some of the 140 different bird species.
Your stay helps us achieve our ecological restoration – so far we have planted 8 native plants for each stay hosted.
*** Accommodation and Tours are Ecotourism Australia certified – Nature Tourism ***
***Finalist – National Sustainable Tourism Award – Banksia Foundation 2022***
- Provision of a Floor / Site Plan With Measurements to Guest
- Photos of all Bathrooms / Toilets in Property Listings
- Assistance Dogs Welcome
- Step-Free Shower / Hand-Held Shower
- On-Site Parking with > 2.4m Width
- Calming / Monochrome Colour Scheme
- Noise-Dampening Measures (not an echoey space, eg: double-glazing, carpet etc)
- No Synthetic Smells
- Recycling / Waste Sorting Facilities
- Composting Facilities
- Energy Efficient / Passive Design
- No Single-Use Plastic
- Sustainable Furnishings
- Rainwater Collection
- Food Grown / Harvested on Site
- Use of Green Energy and/or Solar Panels
- Green / Sustainable Cleaning / Body Products
- Offer Reusable Shopping Bags
- Amenities / Food Stocks from Local Suppliers
Hosted by Louise Freckelton
Joined on 2022-Aug-21 09:24:47